Annual Salt Aotearoa SSI level 1 Freedive Camp at Kai Iwi Lakes!
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Adding product to your cart
Already a freediver but want to get certified? Still new to freediving and want to improve your technique? Been freediving for yonks but need to unlearn bad habits or be supported to safely get deeper? Come get SSI certified with Salt and enjoy the camp vibes and our wāhine tribe! Kai Iwi lakes is one of the most magical spots in Aotearoa with white sand beaches and sparkling turquoise fresh water! A magical setting that makes for the perfect freedive camp spot!
Our amazing pals at Dive Now in Whangarei are helping us host and facilitate this camp so if you need any gear then please get in touch with them to sort ya out!!
Wāhine only for the course. BUT, this year we have the option for partners and kids to come along to support too! Only a few of these spots are available though so get in quick (due to busy time of year it's all that was left to book sorry whanau).
$100 per support person for kai and accom. Kids under 4yrs are free :)
$1200 early bird price from Monday 13th December
$1500 full price from Monday 20th December
$100 supporter spot (kids under 4yrs are free)
Date + time:
February 11th, 12th, 13th (3 full days).
- 8am at Mares base in Albany, Auckland, to meet (yay!) go over theory, and paper work.
- 11am-2pm we move to the AUT Millenium Pools to cover the confined water stuff.
- 2pm onwards drive up to the lakes and set up camp!!
- Open water course stuff in the lush Kai Iwi Lakes.
- Camp vibes, tunes, beersies, connection, knowledge sharing, whakawhanaungatanga.
- Last of the open water course stuff in the lush Kai Iwi Lakes.
- Poroporoaki / farewells
- Hosted by Salt Aotearoa, supported by Dive Now Whangarei, and facilitated through SSI
- SSI level 1 certification and learning materials
- Pool session + entry
- An amazing SSI instructor to every 4 people
- Camp site accommodation at Kai iwi Lakes
- Photographer for those essential mermaid shots ;)
- Refreshments on Friday, Saturday breakfast, Saturday lunch Saturday dinner, Sunday breakfast, and light snacks and refreshments throughout
- A special time to connect with yourself and fellow water wāhine
- The best banter and yarns you’ll ever experience ;)
- A fun and inclusive environment to ask questions and learn from the experience in the group. Spearfishing, underwater photography, surfing, diving, dogs, wine, cold water therapy… the list goes on.
- Age 16+ for the course.
- Double vaccine cert or medical exemption pass (required by the facilities we will be using)
- Completed and signed medical and consent form
- Online theory to be completed prior to arrival: https://www.divessi.com/info/en-IC/freediving/start-freediving/freediving-level-1-172.html
What YOU need to bring:
- Your dive gear: mask, snorkel, weights, weight-belt, fins, freedive wetsuit (dive socks and gloves advised to keep you warm).
- Your camp equipment: tent, sleeping bag, towels, plate, bowl, cup, cutlery etc
- Snacks and food for Friday night and for Sunday from lunchtime
- BYO alcohol
- Water bottle
- Transport throughout the weekend. From the base office, to the pools, to Kai Iwi Lakes.
This is your classic camping vibes. Non-powered and back to the basics. Be prepared to get wet if it rains as we will only be cancelling if the weather is extremely bad and deemed un-divable (which is very unlikely)! For all camp facilities and info please see the website below:
**By purchasing a ticket you are consenting to the terms and conditions as specified under our T's +C's : https://www.saltaotearoa.co.nz/pages/terms-conditions
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.