Already a freediver but want to get certified? Still new to freediving and want to improve your technique? Been freediving for yonks but need to unlearn bad habits or be supported to safely get deeper? Come get SSI certified with Salt and enjoy the camp vibes and our wāhine tribe! Kai Iwi lakes is one of the most magical spots in Aotearoa with white sand beaches and sparkling turquoise fresh water! A magical setting that makes for the perfect freedive camp spot!
Our amazing pals at Dive Now in Whangarei are helping us host and facilitate this camp so if you need any gear then please get in touch with them to sort ya out!!
Date + time:
- Compulsory pool session: Thursday 19thNovember 6.30pm-9pm
- Camp: 20-22nd November (2.5 days, 2 nights)
- Compulsory pool session: AUT Millenium Pools (main pool, lane 8), Auckland
- Camp: Kai Iwi Lakes, Northland
Cost: $749, 8 spots only!
(Non-refundable full payment required to secure your spot. You will receive a refund only if your spot can be filled).
- Hosted by Amber and Renee, supported by Dive Now Whangarei, and facilitated through SSI
- SSI certification and learning materials
- Pool session + entry
- Two awesome SSI instructors
- Camp site accommodation at Kai iwi Lakes
- Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner, Sunday breakfast, and light snacks and refreshments throughout
- Goodie bag
- The best banter and yarns you’ll ever experience ;)
- A fun and inclusive environment to ask questions and learn from the experience in the group. Spearfishing, underwater photography, surfing, diving, dogs, wine, cold water therapy… the list goes on.
- Completed and signed medical form
- Online theory to be completed prior to arrival:
- You MUST complete a confined water session (the pool session specified above). If you are super keen but the pool session date doesn’t work for or you are from out of Auckland please email us directly to see if we can work something out!
What YOU need to bring:
- Your dive gear: mask, snorkel, weights, weight-belt, fins, wetsuit (dive socks and gloves advised to keep you warm).
Your camp equipment: tent, sleeping bag, towels, plate, bowl, cup, cutlery etc
- Snacks and food for Friday night and for Sunday from lunchtime
- BYO alcohol
This is your classic kiwi camping vibes. Non-powered and back to the basics. Be prepared to get wet if it rains as we will only be cancelling if the weather is extremely bad and deemed un-divable (which is very unlikely)! For all camp facilities and info please see the website below:
* By committing to purchasing a ticket you are agreeing to the terms and conditions outlined on our website: https://saltsisters.co.nz/pages/terms-conditions