Already a freediver but want to get certified? Still new to freediving and want to improve your technique? Been freediving for yonks but need to unlearn bad habits or be supported to safely get deeper? Come get SSI certified with Salt Aotearoa and enjoy the camp vibes and our wāhine tribe! Kai Iwi lakes is one of the most magical spots in Aotearoa with white sand beaches and sparkling turquoise fresh water! A magical setting that makes for the perfect freedive camp spot!
Our amazing pals at Dive Now in Whangarei are helping us host and facilitate this camp so if you need any gear then please get in touch with them to sort ya out!!
IMPORTANT: Prerequisite (this is a non-negotiable so make sure it's signed off before paying):
- Completed and signed medical form and consent form. Read and sign these carefully before paying your 50% non-refundable deposit.
$1500 total (50% non-refundable deposit)
Kai Iwi Lakes Resort - single bed
Date + time:
- 8am Meet at the AUT Millenium pools for intros & theory.
- 11am-2pm we move into the pools to cover the confined water stuff.
- 2pm onwards drive up to the lakes and settle into our accomodation at the Kai Iwi Lakes Resort.
- Freediving in the stunning lake!
- Vibes, tunes, beersies, connection, knowledge sharing
- Last of the open water freediving in the beautiful Lake
- Poroporoaki + farewells
- Hosted by Salt Aotearoa, supported by Dive Now Whangarei, and facilitated through SSI
- SSI Freediver certification and learning materials
- Pool session + entry
- An amazing SSI instructor to every 4 people
- Epic accommodation at the Kai iwi Lakes Resort
- Photographer for those essential mermaid shots ;)
- Refreshments on Friday, Saturday breakfast, Saturday lunch, Saturday dinner, Sunday breakfast, and light snacks and refreshments throughout
- A special time to connect with yourself and your new dive buddies!
- The best banter and yarns you’ll ever experience ;)
- A fun and inclusive environment to ask questions and learn from the experience in the group.
- Age 18+
- Identify as a wāhine/woman
- Completed and signed medical and consent form
- Online theory to be completed prior to arrival: https://www.divessi.com/info/en-IC/freediving/start-freediving/freediving-level-1-172.html
What YOU need to bring:
- Your dive gear: weights, weight-belt, long fins, freedive wetsuit, Dive socks and gloves are advised to keep you warm.
- Snacks and food for Friday night and for Sunday from lunchtime
- BYO alcohol
- Water bottle
- Transport throughout the weekend. From the base office, to the pools, to Kai Iwi Lakes.
***By purchasing a ticket you are consenting to the terms and conditions as specified under our T's +C's : https://www.saltaotearoa.co.nz/pages/terms-conditions